What is Pneumonia Disease?
|Fig: Pneumonia disease symptoms|
Sign and Symptoms of Pneumonia Disease:
All the sign and symptoms of pneumonia disease have pointed out in the below:
- Fever: sudden onset, high fever, usually associated with rigor and vomiting.
- Chest pain: Pleuritic chest pain. It is occasionally referred to the shoulder or anterior abdominal wall.
- A cough: short, painful, at first dry, later become productive and may become rust-colored or even frankly blood stain.
- Loss of appetite and headache.
Medical Management of Pneumonia for age 2 months to 5 years:
- Feed the child during illness.
- Increase feeding after the illness.
- Clear the nose if it interferes with feeding.
- Offer the child extra to drink.
- Increase breastfeeding.
Return the child when-
- Breathing becomes fast.
- Breathing becomes difficult.
- No able to drink.
- The child becomes sicker.
2. Antibiotic therapy for 5 days duration:
- Anyone of the following can be given the below medicine.
- Cotrimoxazole- Two times daily for 5 days (Oral).
- Amoxicillin- Three times daily for 5 days (Oral).
- Ampicillin- Four times daily for 5 days (Oral).
3. Treatment of fever:
- If high (>39°C) – Paracetamol.
- If not high (38°C-39°C) – Advice the mother to provide more fluid.
- Fever for more than five days: Refer for assessment.
5. Advice the mother to return the child in 2 days for reassessment.
More questions related to this topic:
- What do you mean by pneumonia disease?
- How do you feel when you have pneumonia?
- What are the early signs of pneumonia disease?
- What are the symptoms of pneumonia in the child?
- List some pneumonia symptoms in kids.
- List some common pneumonia symptoms in babies.
- How to prevent pneumonia in babies?
- What is the best treatment for pneumonia?
- What is the fastest way to cure pneumonia?
- What is the best antibiotic to treat pneumonia?
- Which Antibiotics treat pneumonia?
- Discuss about pneumonia treatment guidelines.